ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects 3D shadow brightness

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sarah Eddowes
After Effects 3D shadow brightness
on Oct 3, 2011 at 4:14:48 am

Hello All,
I've got some text as a 3d layer, casting a shadow onto a dark background.. I've used a white solid (multiply) for the shadow ground, and the light transmission to 100%, so the shadow is a pale green. However, this doesn't seem to show up on the dark solid background.
Thoughts?
Thanks so much..

Return to posts index

ben g unguren
Re: After Effects 3D shadow brightness
on Oct 3, 2011 at 2:03:19 pm

If you take out the funky settings (solid set to multiply, transmission at 100%) can you see a shadow on the white solid? If you can, it's somewhere in the funky settings that things are going wrong. If not, my guess is your lamp's settings, or it's position, need to change.

Ben Unguren
Motion Graphics & Editing
http://www.mostlydocumentary.com

Return to posts index

Sarah Eddowes
on Oct 4, 2011 at 2:52:16 am

Hi Ben,
Thanks for your suggestions, but the lamp is fine.. It seems that the shadow is definitely being cast as I want it if there's a pale coloured solid underneath.. but with the black, the shadow must multiply onto that colour so instead of casting a pale shadow, the shadow is almost black, thus invisible on the very dark background.

Return to posts index

ben g unguren
on Oct 4, 2011 at 12:45:02 pm

Ah, so it's a dark shadow multiplied onto a nearly-black plane.
Try a different darkening blend mode (linear burn, for instance); try lightening your background a bit... hm... I don't have much more than that I'm afraid....

Ben Unguren
Motion Graphics & Editing
http://www.mostlydocumentary.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]