ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Trying to make a dotted line appear as a parabol on a globe and make both rotate (y rotate) together

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ralph choueiriTrying to make a dotted line appear as a parabol on a globe and make both rotate (y rotate) together
by on Oct 2, 2011 at 9:35:01 pm

hi, i have created a globe, ( cc sphere) and a dotted line with a shape layer made the line parabolic as if its rising in the air from the globe from point A to point b. my problem is i want to rotate the globe on a 3d layer( y rotate) and i want the dotted line to rotate with it keeping point a and b.

your help is highly appreciated, i have a delivery to make and i'm stuck there...

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Trying to make a dotted line appear as a parabol on a globe and make both rotate (y rotate) together
by on Oct 4, 2011 at 3:58:49 pm

Just saw this - hope I can still help:
CC Sphere is not a 3d layer. It can be linked using expressions to a 3d Null. On the Y axis it should be:

-(thisComp.layer("Null 1").transform.yRotation)

since CC Sphere rotates on the Y the opposite direction. You can then link your 3d layer of a dotted line to the Null and animate. When the line should go behind the sphere you need to mask that out.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Ralph choueiriRe: Trying to make a dotted line appear as a parabol on a globe and make both rotate (y rotate) together
by on Oct 5, 2011 at 8:34:43 am

thanks ted, that got me pretty close, to have a better idea of the globe i m trying to create, check this link;
http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-video-6844637-world-network.php?st=3d4b6e4

i don't really know if this was made with AE... but anyways that's what i m trying to do... and thanks again

Return to posts index

constanti dinuRe: Trying to make a dotted line appear as a parabol on a globe and make both rotate (y rotate) together
by on May 31, 2014 at 12:16:46 pm

Any chance you solved the problem? i'm struggling here trying to get the same result as in the link

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]