ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE CS5 hangs/crash when i import quicktime/.mov files

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
maverick ongAE CS5 hangs/crash when i import quicktime/.mov files
by on Oct 2, 2011 at 1:18:07 am

i just recently experienced this errors last week, i have made 20+ good animations with using .mov preset videos before but know i can't

main problem..
Importing a non bugged/non corrupt .mov file makes my AE freeze

tried solutions..
when i change the location of the .mov 's my AE works fine it just shows a color channel like on TV the color bars sorry i don't even know what its called :)

BUT then when i tried to re allocate the files my AE hangs
even if i make a new project and import .mov it crashes
importing any file may it be .avi h264 .mp3 .wav files is ok , only the quicktime... i really don't remember having any issues since last week i tried updating my quicktime/ deleting my ae preference and still no CURE !! i really need help from the experts im using windows 7 x64 .. like i said earlier it just started hanging last week but before it really works fine no crashes even if i import a 1Gb .mov file i really neeed a rush solution for this , because im kinda stuck with my project :( any help will be much appreciated !! advance thanks and ill be waiting for your replies!

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: AE CS5 hangs/crash when i import quicktime/.mov files
by on Oct 2, 2011 at 6:48:06 am

See this:
"troubleshooting QuickTime errors with After Effects"

What version of QuickTime do you have installed?

If this worked before, what has changed since? Have you installed any other software, including codecs?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

maverick ongRe: AE CS5 hangs/crash when i import quicktime/.mov files
by on Oct 2, 2011 at 3:23:07 pm

Sir todd my quicktime ver is the lastest 7 the one from the apply website now , by the way just earlier my ae worked fine with movs , i ddnt install any softwares .. Watcha think? My ae works sometimes but get bugged is it a machine prob? Im so clueless let me try turning ae again tom. So i can check if it errors again! Thanks for the reply!!

Return to posts index

by on Oct 3, 2011 at 2:51:22 am

sorry for double posting , i don't know how to edit replies =.= anyways .. i tried my AE today and guess what it freezes again but it worked perfectly fine yesterday :(((((( please i need urgent help :'(

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: AE CS5 hangs/crash when i import quicktime/.mov files
by on Oct 3, 2011 at 7:28:13 pm

Did you try the solutions suggested in the document that I pointed to?

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

by on Oct 4, 2011 at 10:14:48 am

I did already but the thing that bugs me is that may ae works sometimes and sometimes not :/ is it a vid card prob or something else?

Return to posts index

Bryan SimpsonRe: AE CS5 hangs/crash when i import quicktime/.mov files
by on Oct 10, 2011 at 11:36:49 pm

I can relate to what maverick is saying. Im working on several projects in AE, importing a several .mov files into AE for each project. All video was shot on the same day, with the same camera using the same settings. Seemingly at random AE will crash upon importing one of the .mov files. This has happened on 3 of the 12 projects im currently working on where one .mov just randomly refuses to import. Most of the other .movs work perfectly fine.

I'd say it was a problem with the source video, but all the vids are from the same shoot. Most work, some don't.

One thing I did notice, I had to replace some of the audio in a couple files and did so through QT7. When I brought new cleaner audio in from another QT file, I noticed there were issues if the audio had been saved as an AIFF. IF I saved the audio as an mp3 before bringing into my video, it didn't give me any problems.

I know QT is just a container so maybe some element of the AIFF is corrupting the .mov file upon entering AE.

Still, this hasnt happened on every file where I've replaced the audio. It's very random.

Return to posts index

by on Oct 11, 2011 at 10:32:55 am

Yeah i agree with you i think its kind of a bug or something i just keep on reopening the file until it works :/ siiigghhhhhhhh

Return to posts index

joe cooksRe: AE CS5 hangs/crash when i import quicktime/.mov files
by on Feb 14, 2012 at 5:35:31 pm

Hey there,
I had this problem for a good time that drove me almost crazy.

But I did find a solution I thought I would share.

1) Completely uninstall quicktime

2) Open after effects, go through error messages and try to import your clip, which of course wont work, but carry on.

3) Close after effects

4) Install latest quicktime again

5) And there you go, i couldn't believe it when it worked for me, but hey.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]