ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE stuck spinning wheel on render

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrea MariniAE stuck spinning wheel on render
by on Oct 1, 2011 at 8:36:03 pm

I was rendering correctly some comps out of a project, when suddendly the last render stuck (on OSX, mbpro) with the colored spinning wheel on screen, I had to do a forced quit.

Now, every time I try to render something on this project, the same happens, whatever format or comp I try to render. I have several versions saved, all do the same.

I tried to render another project and it works.

I'm on a deadline, I really don't know what to do, everything was working fine 30 minutes ago, and I didn't change anything!

I am running AE 10.0.2 on a 2.4 ghz Intel Core i5 8gb ram osx lion 10.7.1. Regarding complexity, before I have rendered way much complex projects than this one on the machine.

Thanks
Andy

Return to posts index

Andrea MariniRe: AE stuck spinning wheel on render
by on Oct 1, 2011 at 8:59:27 pm

Figured out by myself...just wait!

I was mislead by looking at the application manager saying that AE was not responding. So I keep quitting and trying again.
But waiting a few moments without panicking, I discovered the spinning stood stuck for about 2 minutes, then the render started.

After that, I definitely need a mac pro ;)

bye
Andy

Return to posts index

Andrea MariniRe: AE stuck spinning wheel on render
by on Oct 2, 2011 at 8:40:29 am

EDIT: This is true for Lossless export. I tried to export ProRes4444 because I needed 16 bit, and in the rendered movie there are layers that should not be visible, or items from previous renders.

Now I managed the issue exporting all in lossless in some way, but I'm worried about this could happen again with medium projects like this one.

Could be all this a performance issue?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]