ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Changing a Truck Color in a Music video...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg BurkeChanging a Truck Color in a Music video...
by on Sep 28, 2011 at 6:48:31 pm

I have to change a White Truck into a Red Truck, Now I know this can be done in Photoshop Frame by Frame, but is there a better way to do it?

I wear many hats.
http://www.gregburkepost.com

Return to posts index

ben g ungurenRe: Changing a Truck Color in a Music video...
by on Sep 28, 2011 at 6:59:43 pm

You could use Mocha AE to track different parts of the truck, resulting in multiple rotoscoped mattes that you can use in combination with some color-correction filters... This would probably produce smoother movement than frame-by-frame painting.

FYI there is a "Change Color" filter in AE, where you can isolate a specific color range and tweak its hue/sat/etc, but for something like a white truck, my guess is it won't work very well.....

Ben Unguren
Motion Graphics & Editing
http://www.mostlydocumentary.com

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Changing a Truck Color in a Music video...
by on Sep 28, 2011 at 7:24:30 pm

I agree with Ben but I would also suggest that you should post a low rez version of the footage here at the COW. Seeing the footage will allow for a more definitive path for you to find a solution.

Cheers
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Asia.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Changing a Truck Color in a Music video...
by on Sep 28, 2011 at 8:47:36 pm

Since you have a white truck it will be hard to change the color- since there is no color- to make it red. It's hard to say without seeing the clip what the best way to do this is. It depends a lot on what kind of truck it is. Is it just the "box" behind the cabin - the easier situation- or the whole truck, rounded edges and all?
Tracking mattes with Mocha like it was suggested and then comping a colored solid on top and playing with blend modes may do the trick, but it would be best to post a clip for us to see.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]