ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Turn a SD video into HD.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kate koyamaTurn a SD video into HD.
by on Sep 27, 2011 at 2:59:11 pm

So I made a video in after effects (640 x 360), but it truns out it needs to be HD (1920 x 1080)

I thought using the camera would help to zoom in, but them everything looks pixelated. Is there anyway to get around it without having to redo everything in a new dimension?

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Turn a SD video into HD.
by on Sep 27, 2011 at 3:11:53 pm

you can try dropping that comp into a 1920x1080 comp and then scale it up to fit (the easy way is to select the nested comp and choose layer>transform>fit to comp). then click the option for continuously rasterize (it's the layer switch that looks like a little sun icon) and see how that looks.

any vector layer should look perfect, raster layers and effects will look soft, but you'll have to determine if it's good enough, or if you'll need to redo the comp at 1080.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer

Return to posts index

ben g ungurenRe: Turn a SD video into HD.
by on Sep 27, 2011 at 3:13:58 pm

To go from 640x360 to 1920x1080 is a huge jump in size. If your source files are large enough, you could nest it all in a HD comp, enable the "collapse transformations" switch, and then scale it up 300% and see what happens.... But I'm guessing you'll have to redo it at the larger size.

Ben Unguren
Motion Graphics & Editing

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Turn a SD video into HD.
by on Sep 27, 2011 at 4:38:34 pm

Try the resize comp script that comes with AE. But first, save a copy of the original project just in case.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved