ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Error 33::4 How can I fix this?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerry ClintonError 33::4 How can I fix this?
by on Sep 27, 2011 at 2:05:06 pm

My AE crashed during a render. Unfortunately I didn't save it before it crash, but fortunately I have auto-save and it actually saved a minute before it crashed. When I try to open the auto-save it comes up with the error 33::4 "missing data in file". Oddly enough, every auto-save project I have for this one says the same thing (all 30 of them) The original file opens fine. Is there a way to fix this mess, I have a good 4 hours of work I would rather not do again.

Return to posts index

Sean MullenRe: Error 33::4 How can I fix this?
by on Sep 27, 2011 at 3:14:46 pm

Can you try importing the project instead of opening it?

Sean Mullen
Rampant Design Tools

Return to posts index

ben g ungurenRe: Error 33::4 How can I fix this?
by on Sep 27, 2011 at 3:16:25 pm

That's certainly an odd error to be receiving only on autosaves. Try opening a clean project and importing the auto-saved project (so it's a folder in the new project). Try pressing Caps Lock while doing this, which might keep AE from doing any calculations so you can identify the corrupt file or composition. Spin around 10 times. Try again.

Ben Unguren
Motion Graphics & Editing

Return to posts index

Tom HawcroftRe: Error 33::4 How can I fix this?
by on Aug 1, 2012 at 9:55:18 pm

I have just experience this error... The program crashed and now the file is corrupt and I cannot open it even though it seemed to save before the crash was complete.

I have not got any auto saves and have potentially just lost weeks of work... Is there anyone out there who can tell me if there is any solution to this?

Please please please help I do not know where to turn!! I think I may be on the cusp of a complete mental breakdown and I don't know what I will do if the entire project is lost...

Return to posts index

Bogdan LucianRe: Error 33::4 How can I fix this?
by on Aug 23, 2012 at 2:17:21 pm

I had the same problem and somehow I found a solution to save my project 80%.

Right click on AE file, and go to Previous Versions tab. Select your last Restore point by date, and you can Open your project or Copy to another place.

I just discover this, but I lost my entire work from today.

Good luck

Return to posts index

ramesh raoRe: Error 33::4 How can I fix this?
by on Jan 23, 2015 at 3:37:56 am

i have same problem cant recover it. but previously save file will be available in temp folder

you can find in C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Temp

xxxx is your user account

Return to posts index

Aaron BertrandRe: Error 33::4 How can I fix this?
by on May 4, 2015 at 7:19:09 am

This just happened to me, I found that for some reason my auto save was saving an updated version on a old copy? try looking in your auto save folder for the latest date. For some reason it was saving them under the wrong project file name, I feel that's why that error code comes up.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved