ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Matte tracking 3d

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg BurkeMatte tracking 3d
by on Sep 24, 2011 at 10:28:18 pm

Hey guys have a project coming up with a iPad spinning around and moving all over the place the screen has been keyed green, I have CS5 if anyone could point me in the direction of how to tackle this project I'm pretty sure I have to motion track the corners, right? Any advice links or tutorials would be helpful, thanks.

I wear many hats.
http://www.gregburkepost.com

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Matte tracking 3d
by on Sep 24, 2011 at 10:37:25 pm

My first choice would be to build a 3d model, bring it in AE using Zaxwerks Invigorator Pro and link the 3d model to a 3d layer ( a precomp that contains the screen footage). You can then replicate the movement of the real iPad using a 3d tracker (camera tracker or Syntheyes). This gives you maximum control. I bet you can find a really good 3d model of an iPad on the web for pennies.
Or you can try to break it in pieces and track with Mocha - export corner pin data and comp in AE.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Greg BurkeRe: Matte tracking 3d
by on Sep 25, 2011 at 2:17:32 am

I don't have 2,500$ for mocha, I guess I'll just distort each frame....by frame.....I can't motion track it on the four corners?

I wear many hats.

Return to posts index

Greg BurkeRe: Matte tracking 3d
by on Sep 25, 2011 at 2:24:55 am

How about a option that doesn't invoke pirating or buying thousands of dollars in software, I'm being supplied the footage of a 3D model moving as a .mov just need to figure out how to match the green screen on the model. Using cs5...

I wear many hats.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Matte tracking 3d
by on Sep 25, 2011 at 3:49:38 am

[Greg Burke] "I don't have 2,500$ for mocha, I guess I'll just distort each frame....by frame.....I can't motion track it on the four corners?"

Mocha-AE is included with your AE CS5 license. See Resources for mocha for After Effects (mocha-AE) [link] for more.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Matte tracking 3d
by on Sep 25, 2011 at 7:14:33 am

MochaAE has been bundled with AE since CS4 and up to CS5.5.

There are lots of tutorials here at the COW as well as at the Imagineer Systems site. AdobeTV also has a few tutorials. Imagineer's site has the better tutorials for those just getting started with Mocha.

Just so that you know, if there are extreme 2D-rotation (or z-rotation) then you will have to assist Mocha with its Rotation parameter. Martin Brennan has an excellent on the Imagineer site that tackles such tracks.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Asia.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]