ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Changing Default Output Module Settings

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Curry
Changing Default Output Module Settings
on Sep 24, 2011 at 2:13:09 am

Hi guys, Im hoping someone can help me out. When I Render a project I almost always render it out as Quicktime .mov.

However when you drag you comp to the render que it defaults as Lossless .avi so I have to always go and change the setting.

Is there a way to change this default from .avi to (oh lets say) .mov.

would save me a lot of clicking.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Changing Default Output Module Settings
on Sep 24, 2011 at 3:37:12 am

The instructions are in After Effects Help. Click this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Stephen Curry
on Sep 29, 2011 at 4:30:43 pm

Hi

Yea Ive been to that part of the Adobe help page but it doesnt do what I want it to do.

I copied about 39 comps into the render que.

As it stands now all of them are Lossless .avi and I want them .mov+Alpha

I even created a template and selected all the comps but it still just changes the one comp.

So Im either not understanding how to do this correctly and if someone could give me a step by step solution OR for some reason its not working for me...I dont understand why though

Steph

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Sep 29, 2011 at 4:35:40 pm

This video tutorial shows how to change multiple output modules simultaneously:
http://www.video2brain.com/en/videos-3995.htm

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

Stephen Curry
on Sep 29, 2011 at 4:58:55 pm

OK thanks for the video link

but that must be a CS5.5 function cause it doesn't work that way in CS5.0

Ive found that If I throw one comp into the render que and hold [cntrl] and select my .mov+alpha template for the output module it will change that one comp...and then additionally change all future comps dragged to the render que....but i have to do the above first...

Otherwise

if I have a new project with a new comp and it defaults to the lossless .avi and I drag all 30 comps at once to the render que they are consequently all lossless .avi as well and if I select them all and then click on output module (on the first of the selected comps) and change it to .mov+alpha it will ONLY change the comp I messed with the output module settings and not all the selected ones as well....

so at least i now know I can do it the first way describe above until I can get CS5.5

thanks

Return to posts index

Arjun Khanna
on Mar 23, 2013 at 3:52:51 am

hey, when you are in render queue, click on Edit=> Template=> and change whatever the format you need... it defaults...

Return to posts index

Cali Pvp
on Jan 24, 2015 at 6:16:10 pm

This really helped me. Thanks

Return to posts index

Alex Wawroski
on Aug 1, 2014 at 10:28:11 pm

I don't know if you're still using CS5 after all this time like I am. But I just changed the default "lossless" template to the Quicktime settings I want. So it still always goes to "lossless," but now that's the settings I'm using.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]