ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Slice someone's throat from inside out - convincing blood

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alyssa CarrollSlice someone's throat from inside out - convincing blood
by on Sep 23, 2011 at 2:17:59 pm

Hey Everyone,

For a film I'm working on I want a demon to cut someone's throat from the inside (probably rip it open with their hands) and crawl out. I'm thinking I can mix a skin displacement tutorial with one for a neck cut, but so far I've had a very difficult time finding a good neck slice tutorial. Any suggestions?
So far my searches have come up with how tos with prosthetics and corn syrup, I would prefer not to do it that way.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Slice someone's throat from inside out - convincing blood
by on Sep 23, 2011 at 6:34:29 pm

Doing it practically with the prosthetics and corn syrup is going to look the best.

If you don't have access to a 3d app (and possibly a fluid simulation app), you might try using Forge Freeform in AE to make skin that gets torn and Particular for the blood (or maybe Mr. Mercury).

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

malcolm DeSotoRe: Slice someone's throat from inside out - convincing blood
by on Sep 23, 2011 at 7:21:50 pm

You might even try filming some actual blood spray and splatter against a green screen or black drop and motion tracking it to the subject.

runawaykitee.blogspot.com

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." --Albert Einstein

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]