ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Premiere to AE CS5 cross dissolve not transferring

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erik WaluskaPremiere to AE CS5 cross dissolve not transferring
by on Sep 22, 2011 at 7:54:41 pm

I just tried transferring a Premiere project to AE and it works except the cross dissolves in Premiere do not transfer over to AE. I found an old thread that talked about this being a bug in CS4 that they were going to report to Adobe but I have CS5 (5.0.2) and I have the same problem. Because of the network where I work, I can't update my Adobe apps to see if there's a newer CS5 version so I was wondering if this was ever fixed and in which software version?

Also, in the adobe help, it says that and after effects icon will be displayed in the effects panel in Premiere next to any effect that is compatible with after effects but I've looked at every effect in there and I don't see any after effects icons at all. Was that feature added on a later version than what I have maybe? Or am I just not looking in the right place?

Thanks for any help

BTW - the workaround for the cross-dissolves is to apply a single opacity keyframe to each clip in premiere and then it will work in AE. It's a pain, but it does work.

I also posted this in the Premiere forum.

Return to posts index

Victor NguyenRe: Premiere to AE CS5 cross dissolve not transferring
by on Sep 23, 2011 at 4:01:26 am

In my personal opinion, you should do all your effect first and then do video editing stuff like video transitions afterward. I have tried to copy files from premier to after effect and it did not work well.However, importing AE composition to premier works great.

For your situation I would recommend just do the dissolves all over again in after effect. The blend effect will work great. Cheers!!

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Premiere to AE CS5 cross dissolve not transferring
by on Sep 23, 2011 at 5:58:36 am

I answered this question in the other thread where you posted it:

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

Erik WaluskaRe: Premiere to AE CS5 cross dissolve not transferring
by on Sep 23, 2011 at 4:34:24 pm

Hi Victor,
Thanks for the suggestion. What I had in mind was to use the real-time playback capability in Premiere to cut the video and add in some dissolves and placeholder graphics and then export it to After Effects and add the final graphics and effects. I don't think that doing it the other way around would work very well for my situation but I can see how it might work for some.

I didn't even know about the blend effect in AE but that seems like it would be very useful - thanks for the tip!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved