ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Tracker won't track certain scenes.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arturo SinclairTracker won't track certain scenes.
by on Sep 21, 2011 at 3:21:37 am

I can track most scenes, but I have a couple of jpg sequences that refuse to track at all. THey have good contrast and obvious tracking features, they do move or shake rather fast but I have other fast scenes that track perfectly. I thought that maybe because they were jpg sequences and not movies was a problem, so I render them. Same thing. Any ideas or similar problems? I am at a loss here. Thanks for any help

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Tracker won't track certain scenes.
by on Sep 21, 2011 at 6:20:07 am

Well, without looking at the footage and and your tracking setup (Search Area, Feature Region, Tracking Options), it's hard to tell you anything useful other than to tell you that you should provide information relevant to the footage, Search Area, Feature Region etc etc etc _ ;-)

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Asia.

Return to posts index

ben g ungurenRe: Tracker won't track certain scenes.
by on Sep 21, 2011 at 3:24:20 pm

Increase the search area -- the large box around the tracker point. That defines the area that AE will search in the next frame, so if there's a lot of shaking going on, you'll need to have a large enough box to account for that shake. Note that the larger the box, the more image there is to process, and thus the longer it takes....

Ben Unguren
Motion Graphics & Editing

Return to posts index

Arturo SinclairRe: Tracker won't track certain scenes.
by on Sep 26, 2011 at 9:56:28 pm

Thank you. It did improve by increasing the search area but it would still get lost at points where there is nothing apparently different.

Here is one frame:

Another frame at it's most blurred:

As you can see the scene is simple, a high contrast statue against a blue sky, that is all. You would think it is the easiest track of all. There is some movement but not excessive.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved