ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Recreating this effect in AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
abie silvaRecreating this effect in AE
by on Sep 20, 2011 at 3:09:08 pm

I've just been contacted by a client who wants to re-create the "Wow_GrandmaWasAHottie.jpg" super in this spot but in spanish. Aside from them providing the traslation and possibly a font (I'm still waiting to hear back from them), it looks as though I'll have to re-create this from scratch. So I don't have a problem w cutting this up myself and hand animating it all but I just want to know if anyone out there sees another way that this could have or can be done. Thank you for your time and feedback. Just for the record, I'm still using CS3 and the only particle plug-ins I have available to me are the ones that came out of the box w AE :( Thanks again.

<object style="height:390px;width:640px"><param name="movie" value="//" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="//" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="630" height="390" /></object>

Return to posts index

mathew fullerRe: Recreating this effect in AE
by on Sep 20, 2011 at 3:21:56 pm

This one is easy..

Use the principals discussed in this tutorial.

The higher they fly... the much.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Recreating this effect in AE
by on Sep 20, 2011 at 5:14:05 pm

There are a few ways of doing what you are after.
Card Dance is great for this kind of stuff.

Also, Red Giant has a great plugin called Plane Space has a 3d Layer Distributor:

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Recreating this effect in AE
by on Sep 20, 2011 at 5:37:16 pm

if the reveal is very grid-like (as in the example) then, as ted mentions, card dance is a pretty good way to go.

you'll find several short tutorials on this page that do similar logo reveals:

one draw back of card dance though, is no native motion blur, so you'll need to make use of cc force motion blur (which is a render performance killer) and you'll want to apply it on the system as a pre-comp... basically, get the movement and timings right, then pre-comp the card dance layer and add force motion blur to the pre-comp layer in the main comp.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved