ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Warp Stabilizer - way to select non dynamic part of an image to get better track?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick McHugh
Warp Stabilizer - way to select non dynamic part of an image to get better track?
on Sep 20, 2011 at 2:59:13 am

Hi,

This is such an interesting tool, I can't wait to see what people do with it - especially folks like Mr Kramer from Video Copilot. I see the Adobe Team itself has subverted/come up with a workaround, to create a kind of 'content aware' fill. Interesting.

Anyway, I have some HD footage I shot out in the real world, where a tripod really wasn't an option. On some of the clips, warp stabilizer works like magic. But on others, it's obviously following dynamic things in the scene - like people.

What I've been trying to do, is point the stabilizer at the immobile objects in the scene, that would give it a better track. So in a crowded mall, ignore the crowd, stabilize to the lamp post or the post box.

Before you say 'use the point tracker' I've never had much luck with that thing. Maybe Mocha would work, but then I'd have to buy Mocha on top of the AE upgrade.

So is there a workaround to trick the warp stabilizer into just looking at particular objects?

I imagine it would have something to do with creating a matt, then pre-comping or nesting? But I can't figure out how to apply the stabilization to the entire image.

If you could pull this off, I reckon you could also use the stabilizer to follow an object rather than stabilize the whole scene. Again, I know you might be able to use a point tracker, but the joy of the warp stabilizer is it's relative ease and amazing tracking ability.

Ideas?

Thanks, Nick

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Warp Stabilizer - way to select non dynamic part of an image to get better track?
on Sep 20, 2011 at 3:58:15 am

[Nick McHugh] "So is there a workaround to trick the warp stabilizer into just looking at particular objects?"

Unfortunately, not that I know about. But as you say, the Good Mr. Kramer hasn't done much with it yet, has he?

But I somehow get the feeling this can't wait.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Warp Stabilizer - way to select non dynamic part of an image to get better track?
on Sep 20, 2011 at 4:33:04 am

See this page, especially the videos by Chris Meyer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]