ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

PAR, render settings.....

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd Schmidt
PAR, render settings.....
on Sep 19, 2011 at 10:49:47 pm

Hi all,

Well, this seems to be really confusing to me. We have been recently shooting with the Sony EX3 which shoots 1920 x 1080 (1. I want my project to reflect that. Why is it that there are no project setting for a (1) PAR? What comp settings would you recommend? I keep rendering these things and get the "Squished" rectangle PAR...(1.33) or (1.5)

Can someone please help me out with this? And also explain DVCPro HD 1080 to HDV 1080....

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: PAR, render settings.....
on Sep 20, 2011 at 3:55:04 am

[Todd Schmidt] "We have been recently shooting with the Sony EX3 which shoots 1920 x 1080..."

Hmmm... if you're having pixel aspect ratio problems, it JUST might be your camera. I'm not familiar with that particular model, but I wouldn't be surprised to learn it actually shoots 1440x1080.

AE is REALLY good about getting H&V resolution right, so highlight a clip and look at the info at the top of the project window. It's no big deal to put such a clip into 1920x1080 comp; it'll work fine.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Sep 20, 2011 at 4:54:16 am

> Why is it that there are no project setting for a (1) PAR?

Why would you want a project setting for pixel aspect ratio? You set it per composition, per footage item, and per render item. Having a setting per project would be very inflexible.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on Sep 21, 2011 at 2:11:36 am

I think you're confusing Project Settings with Composition Settings. I believe that you are alluding to Composition Settings.

The HDTV ** composition preset settings are 1:1 PAR. When rendering out, simply ensure that the Render Settings specify this and that in the Output Module, you select a CODEC that supports full HD resolution, ie 1920x1080.

HDV and DVCPro share the same PAR and pixel resolution. I believe that having both of them as composition presets is AE's way of simplifying matters for users.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Asia.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]