ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

What Adobe apps we can safely delete!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eri KossusWhat Adobe apps we can safely delete!
by on Sep 19, 2011 at 6:19:55 am

I got Adobe Suite and I use Ae, Ps, Illustrator, Bridge. But I have not opened all the other apps that Adobe installs not once. Like device Central, Extension manager, media encoder, media player. Can I delete all these or I loose some of the functions of other apps?

Return to posts index

Victor NguyenRe: What Adobe apps we can safely delete!
by on Sep 19, 2011 at 1:41:01 pm

all I know is that device central is for mobile device, so if you're not making anything for phone then you can delete it. I don't know what extension manager is but I do know that I never use it. Now adobe media encoder you have to keep if you're using after effect.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: What Adobe apps we can safely delete!
by on Sep 21, 2011 at 2:21:32 pm

To add to what Victor said, you should definitely keep the Adobe Media Encoder!
I never use After Effects to compress my final video. Here's Dave LaRonde to explain why:

Dave's Stock Answer #3:

Don't use AE to compress files for final delivery. The various compressors are there only to make quick 'n dirty files showing a project's progress to producers, clients, the kids, etc. AE is incapable of doing multipass encoding, a crucial feature that greatly improves the image quality of H.264 and MPEG-type files in particular.

Render a high-quality file from AE, and use a different application to do the compression. Popular ones are Adobe Media Encoder, Sorenson Squeeze and Apple's Compressor, which comes bundled with Final Cut Suite. Even compressing in Quicktime Pro is better than compressing in AE.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved