ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Is this a fine Keyed footage?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mostafa TalebiIs this a fine Keyed footage?
by on Sep 18, 2011 at 1:38:56 pm

Would you please report the problem in this keyed footage, this is my first keyed footage. I'm not looking to become professional via these forum, but I find some tips that in no DVDs these tips are ever found.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Return to posts index

ben g ungurenRe: Is this a fine Keyed footage?
by on Sep 18, 2011 at 4:29:43 pm

The most glaring error in this is focus. Right now the girl is slightly out of focus, while the background is extremely crisp. You'd be hard pressed to get this kind of shot in real life. It looks like she was filmed with a zoomed-in lens, which would mean, were she the focal point, the background should be quite fuzzy. Or else she needs to be out of focus. But to have them both there, it doesn't look right at all.

Some other points: the lighting doesn't match -- the background light is coming from the left (more or less) and she is lit from the right (more or less). Color: too much magenta and red in her image in contrast with the greens and cyans in the background.

Ben Unguren
Motion Graphics & Editing

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Is this a fine Keyed footage?
by on Sep 18, 2011 at 5:37:52 pm

Are you asking just about the keying to see if we think you got a good enough matte or about the compositing? As far as the key goes as a still it looks ok but you always need to look at moving footage to see if a key is right. If you are asking about compositing then besides all that Ben mentioned already I would feel the need for a light wrap as well.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Is this a fine Keyed footage?
by on Sep 19, 2011 at 3:54:56 am

Guys, he's not expecting 'professional' replies or perhaps replies from professionals here. PFFT!!!

My reply would be - this composition looks like really excellent work for a non-professional!

For those out there that would like to test out their skills on keying and tracking, do visit - to download the foreground (greenscreen footage) and give it a go.

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Asia.

Return to posts index

Mostafa TalebiRe: Is this a fine Keyed footage?
by on Sep 19, 2011 at 9:05:40 am

All replies really worked! I am completely new to keying and compositing(I'm a Mental Ray guy)and the first reply really came to be very useful indeed.
and I also have many footages of Hollywood Camera Work.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved