ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

time displacement

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Evan Robinsontime displacement
by on Sep 18, 2011 at 2:58:13 am

I am having a problem with the time displacement in after in after effects. When i do it the edges are pixelated like so in the included picture does anyone know how to fix this so they are smooth

Return to posts index

ben g ungurenRe: time displacement
by on Sep 19, 2011 at 12:23:47 am

The filter is displacing the images that you have -- it can't create additional images of the guy walking horizontally for displacement, if that makes sense.

If you had shot this at, say, 1000 frames per second instead of 30 frames per second (a much more expensive project), then you'd have enough images to get a very smooth transition.

If you want, you can fake more in-between images with Timewarp: Slow down the footage and create interrim frames using pixelmotion. I'd suggest you render that out and reimport it into AE and try the time displacement again. (You don't want to do it all in AE without the pre-render, as Timewarp would have to do its work on a lot of frames, and I imagine it would take a heckuva long time.)

Ben Unguren
Motion Graphics & Editing

Return to posts index

Evan RobinsonRe: time displacement
by on Sep 19, 2011 at 11:07:18 am

Thanks. I figured that was the problem. It doesn't know what is between the frames. I thought there might some filter to "smooth" the rough edges though.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: time displacement
by on Sep 21, 2011 at 2:16:04 pm

If you time stretch your layer in a precomp with a higher frame rate and set it to interpolate the missing fames (or use something like Twixtor to interpolate them), you might cheat it.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Evan RobinsonRe: time displacement
by on Sep 21, 2011 at 11:00:14 pm

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved