ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How best to render mts file?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Victor NguyenHow best to render mts file?
by on Sep 17, 2011 at 9:41:27 pm

I been using the school's camera and it shoot in 1480 by 1080 which I never heard of. When I edited the video and add special effect in it I render it out as uncompress avi. However neither quicktime or window media player can play the video after ward. I'm just using quicktime for everything for now.my question is, what's the best codec to export out so there is not much lost in quality and what's the best codec for mts files which is what the camera is giving me

Edit: Im receiving lag from the mts files that I converted to quicktime.oh its also call avchd

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: How best to render mts file?
by on Sep 19, 2011 at 4:49:56 pm

[Victor Nguyen] "I been using the school's camera and it shoot in 1480 by 1080 which I never heard of."

This is a so-called "thin raster." The pixels are non-square, so the image is stretched from the 4:3 1440x1080 storage raster to the 16x9, square-pixel 1920x1080 display raster. See Pixel aspect ratio and frame aspect ratio [link] for more.

[Victor Nguyen] "When I edited the video and add special effect in it I render it out as uncompress avi. However neither quicktime or window media player can play the video after ward."

Uncompressed AVI requires massive bandwidth for HD; it's unlikely that your computer's hard drives can keep up with the data rate requirements of HD.

[Victor Nguyen] "I'm just using quicktime for everything for now.my question is, what's the best codec to export out so there is not much lost in quality and what's the best codec for mts files which is what the camera is giving me"

If you are exporting a final file for web-based or local computer playback, H.264 is a good and flexible choice. If you are exporting an intermediate file for additional post-production work, QuickTime with a PNG compressor is compressed, but lossless, and might be a good choice.

[Victor Nguyen] "Edit: Im receiving lag from the mts files that I converted to quicktime.oh its also call avchd"

I'm not sure what you're seeing here -- can you describe the issue in a little more detail? Does it look like dropped frames, or unsynced audio/video? What if you bring it into AE and RAM preview it (to remove your hard drive speed as a playback factor)?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Victor NguyenRe: How best to render mts file?
by on Sep 19, 2011 at 6:09:10 pm

After effect play it fine. What happen is that the video is stuck on one frame but the sound keep playing. After a few second the video start playing again in sync with the sound

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: How best to render mts file?
by on Sep 19, 2011 at 6:56:06 pm

My guess is that your computer just can't read the file from disk fast enough to play it in real time. See this Adobe FAQ [link]: Why is my output file huge, and why doesn't it play back smoothly in a media player?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Victor NguyenRe: How best to render mts file?
by on Sep 19, 2011 at 11:55:50 pm

okay thanks this help a lot. I been exporting as mpeg 4 andd its kinda helping. but does mpeg 4 have compression?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]