ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Output Colorista's Secondary as a Matte

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Cabral
Output Colorista's Secondary as a Matte
on Sep 16, 2011 at 1:24:45 pm

....is there any way? The girl on the green screen was wearing ...green! And I was unsuccessfully with Keylight. But with colorista was perfect!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Output Colorista's Secondary as a Matte
on Sep 16, 2011 at 2:42:05 pm

Have you tried rendering out the black & white view from Colorista?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Daniel Cabral
on Sep 16, 2011 at 2:46:27 pm

Wow...i'm blind...where is the option?

Return to posts index

Daniel Cabral
on Sep 16, 2011 at 2:54:15 pm

Explaining better...I can get the matte inside the keyer, but outside couldn't find the option to output just the matte...

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Sep 16, 2011 at 4:13:51 pm

I don't know how you intend to use this matte. If it's within the same AE project, you can duplicate the layer, remove Colorista from the lower layer, and use the upper layer as an alpha matte. If it's outside of AE, you can render an alpha-channel movie.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Daniel Cabral
on Sep 16, 2011 at 4:18:43 pm

I want to use the secondary output of the Colorista's keyer, because the result was a lot better than other keyers. But I couldn't use only the matte, colorista just use the matte to do the secondary color correction...i'm trying to find a way to get this matte out of the keyer to use it as a alpha matte.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Sep 16, 2011 at 9:16:59 pm

I'm not sure how Colorista works, but other color correction effects show the area to be selected as white, and everything else is black. I also think you can render out this white-on-black matte, and you can also use it as a Luma Matte in AE.

Does Colorista work that way?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Daniel Cabral
on Sep 17, 2011 at 12:45:17 am

Right! This is exactly what I'm trying to do, but until now couldn't figure out a way to output only this matte...It gets "stuck" inside the Colorista Keyer, and nothing else...

Return to posts index

Ed Elliott
on Nov 30, 2013 at 10:19:20 am
Last Edited By Ed Elliott on Nov 30, 2013 at 4:06:10 pm

This is an old thread but there was no complete solution given. But Dave LaRonde's suggestion is the only way I could figure to do it.

The steps are to use Colorista II's Keyer to define the matte; select Invert in the Keyer; suck all of the color out using the all three of the Secondary 3-Way luminance shift controls, all three of the saturation shift controls (highlighted but not visible in the image above because the indicator is white and the scale is white), and reduce Secondary Saturation to -100; then apply a blend mode of Stencil Luma to the layer.

Colorista II v1.0.7; After Effects CS6

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]