ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

About keying; Shall I have to roto these regions?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mostafa TalebiAbout keying; Shall I have to roto these regions?
by on Sep 15, 2011 at 1:04:08 pm

In the image below( which is a part of a 478-frame footage) I have marked two areas about which I'm a bit vague. In the Chroma-set there are many extra equipment and during some frames the main character even overlaps some parts which were never to get included in final keyed footage. Thus I think I have to mask the character and do some rotoscoping so that at final stage only the character is keyed and all other elements are suppressed out. Am I correct?(below is the footage's one solo frame)

Return to posts index

ben g ungurenRe: About keying; Shall I have to roto these regions?
by on Sep 15, 2011 at 1:42:15 pm

Yup -- those areas need to be removed by hand. Which, when you consider how much you don't need to roto, is a great deal.

Occasionally you can use a difference matte key to remove non-green background elements, but that works best when they are very different from the foreground (in your case, there's a lot of dark colors in there -- best to go with the roto).

Ben Unguren
Motion Graphics & Editing
http://www.mostlydocumentary.com

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: About keying; Shall I have to roto these regions?
by on Sep 15, 2011 at 2:35:52 pm

Ah, Hollywoodcamerawork footage. I'm surprised that they don't have the basic principles on their web site to deal with this shot. I recommend closely examining it.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]