ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

The 59.94 FPS speed trap.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric FentonThe 59.94 FPS speed trap.
by on Sep 13, 2011 at 12:59:19 am

I'm a graphic designer trying to help out with doing some video work. Sadly I'm the worst kind of editor; I have just enough experience to get myself in trouble. Most of my editing skills have been in After Effects where its' never seems to be a big deal to change the FPS.

As a graphic designer I'm taught to do everything at it's highest resolution possible because you can't add resolution after the fact. So when I filmed this project I did it at the biggest and fastest I could get. 1920x1080, 59.94 FPS.

Now I'm nervous about having too many frames.

Should I find a way to cut back on frames (which seems like a huge headache) or should I just build this thing, after effect animations and all, at that frame rate?

Is it going to have issues playing as digital files? Will the motion stay fluid? Will I ever learn to read a book before I gleefully take on new and bigger projects?

Help ease a brother's mind if you would.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: The 59.94 FPS speed trap.
by on Sep 13, 2011 at 7:39:32 am

Fortunately for you, After Effects deals really well with mixed and modified frame rates.

Answer this question: What is your destination format? I.e., how will you be playing the final product?

The answer to that question determines what frame rate you'll export at---which is what the frame rate of your composition should be.

You can use your footage that was shot at a high frame rate in a composition that has a lower frame rate with no problem.

See this page about planning your work.

See this page about frame rate.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved