ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

The 59.94 FPS speed trap.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Fenton
The 59.94 FPS speed trap.
on Sep 13, 2011 at 12:59:19 am

Hey,

I'm a graphic designer trying to help out with doing some video work. Sadly I'm the worst kind of editor; I have just enough experience to get myself in trouble. Most of my editing skills have been in After Effects where its' never seems to be a big deal to change the FPS.

As a graphic designer I'm taught to do everything at it's highest resolution possible because you can't add resolution after the fact. So when I filmed this project I did it at the biggest and fastest I could get. 1920x1080, 59.94 FPS.

Now I'm nervous about having too many frames.

Should I find a way to cut back on frames (which seems like a huge headache) or should I just build this thing, after effect animations and all, at that frame rate?

Is it going to have issues playing as digital files? Will the motion stay fluid? Will I ever learn to read a book before I gleefully take on new and bigger projects?

Help ease a brother's mind if you would.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: The 59.94 FPS speed trap.
on Sep 13, 2011 at 7:39:32 am

Fortunately for you, After Effects deals really well with mixed and modified frame rates.

Answer this question: What is your destination format? I.e., how will you be playing the final product?

The answer to that question determines what frame rate you'll export at---which is what the frame rate of your composition should be.

You can use your footage that was shot at a high frame rate in a composition that has a lower frame rate with no problem.

See this page about planning your work.

See this page about frame rate.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]