ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Is there a comp size limit in CS5.5?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven Escobar
Is there a comp size limit in CS5.5?
on Sep 12, 2011 at 1:18:27 am

I was given a quicktime with animation with alpha that is over 11,000 pixels by 6800. I am putting it into a 1920x1080 comp and when I import it, I can see the the frame in the project window but when I drag and put it into my comp, all I see is black. If I go forward a couple of frames, sometimes I see the image but then it goes away and all I see is black again.

Is there a comp size limit that after effects can preview and/or render? How can I use the quicktime and make it smaller in order to use it? Any suggestions?

Thanks
Steve

Steven Escobar

G4 1.25MHz Dual MDD
1.25 RAM
IgniterX RT w/component
QT 6.04
OS X.2.8
FCP 4.1
Med

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Is there a comp size limit in CS5.5?
on Sep 12, 2011 at 1:49:06 am

Searching for 'composition size limit' in After Effects Help brings up a page in After Effects Help that gives the maximum size for a composition.

Are you scaling the huge image down to fit into your HD-sized composition? Or are you positioning it to show only a portion of the image in the relatively small composition frame?

Do you really only have 1.25 GB of RAM? That is an incredibly small amount for After Effects, and is actually below the 2GB minimum system requirement.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Sep 12, 2011 at 1:51:47 am

Also, your version of QuickTime doesn't meet the minimum requirements for After Effects.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

Brian Charles
on Sep 12, 2011 at 2:41:10 am

Also : If you're really on a G4 how on earth are you running CS5?

Return to posts index

Steven Escobar
on Sep 12, 2011 at 2:47:06 am

Okay guys. Just ignore my old computer settings. Using latest cs5.5 on intel computer with latest QuickTime etc. Does anyone have a suggestions?

Steven Escobar

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Sep 12, 2011 at 3:52:29 am

Ive heard numbers as high as 40k but I would get errors time to time with all kinds of sizes way lower than that.

Return to posts index

ben g unguren
on Sep 12, 2011 at 1:48:28 pm

Sounds like a codec issue to me. I'd open the movie file in the old quicktime player, or MPEG Streamclip, or perhaps Photoshop, and export it as an image sequence, then work with that instead.

For large files (filesize and framesize), image sequences are still king, IMO.

Ben Unguren
Motion Graphics & Editing
http://www.mostlydocumentary.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]