ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to make a line appear and disappear

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Donaldson
How to make a line appear and disappear
on Sep 10, 2011 at 9:38:18 pm

Hello. I have a path that is shaped like a loop de loop. What I want to have is only an inch of the line visible as it traces the path. Now, how I am currently doing this is by using an Add Mask and manually positioning it around the path. I wanted to know if their is an easier way? Thank you

Return to posts index

Victor Nguyen
Re: How to make a line appear and disappear
on Sep 11, 2011 at 12:23:35 am

The stroke plugin is what you're looking for. The stroke plugin uses a mask and it doesn't have to be a close mask. after you draw out your mask, you can animate it. you can use one mask or you can use many mask, if you use many mask, you can make stroke reveal sequentially ( as in the first mask you make it will reveal, then it will reveal the second mask you make) A very good tool and perfect for your need. I hope you understand what I mean, if not I can go further into detail how to use it

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: How to make a line appear and disappear
on Sep 11, 2011 at 3:09:27 am

You can also use the Trim Paths path operator on a shape layer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]