ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Adobe Media Encoder Issue

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James BakerAdobe Media Encoder Issue
by on Sep 10, 2011 at 2:49:06 pm

This isn't a specifically an AE question, although as I'm using AME in the context of AE and there doesn't appear to be a specific forum for this I thought this would probably be the best place to post.

I am trying to install Adobe Media Encoder, however am having issues with this. I have dowloaded it from the following link, which seems to be the main one:

I am using a Sony VAIO running Windows XP and should have a 32 bit system. My system doesn't explicitly say it's 32 bit but an online help page said that my processor name starting with a particular number indicates that it is.

I have downloaded the most recent file for Win32 (2nd one down) from the above link. When I initially tried to install it a message came up stating that I needed Adobe Application Manager. I have downloaded and installed this and now when I try to install the media encoder AAM comes up with a message stating that 'Some updates failed' and 'update is not applicable'.

Also, in the media encoder folder the setup file is labelled as a patch. Should there be a main original program file for this to be downloaded. None on the above link seem to be, or should the main file have come with a program?

I am using After Effects 7.0.

I want to use the encoder as I am having trouble with high quality rendering from AE alone. Does anyone have any idea why I might be having trouble with this installation, or if there is an alternative encoder of the same quality that could be recommended.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Adobe Media Encoder Issue
by on Sep 11, 2011 at 3:15:20 am

The page that you are downloading from is for updates (patches), not the full application. Adobe Media Encoder comes with After Effects CS3 and later.

You can not download and use Adobe Media Encoder for free.

If you want to use Adobe Media Encoder, you'll need to upgrade to an After Effects version later than After Effects 7.0.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

James BakerRe: Adobe Media Encoder Issue
by on Sep 11, 2011 at 9:17:36 am

Okay, thanks for clarifying that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved