ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Keylight question= still trying to get rid of noise.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mitch Hardison
Keylight question= still trying to get rid of noise.
on Sep 8, 2011 at 3:30:00 pm

I'm still trying to follow these steps by Dave LaRonde to get the noise or grain out of my talent but I can't figure out this step:

• Fool with the lower layer's Keylight settings until it looks like the subject looks fine, but is over a grayish, washed-out chroma key background. It'll take some doing, but you will have gotten it to the point where Keylight's spill suppressor is working. That's good, because the Keylight spill suppressor works darned well.

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/2/931091#931104

What settings do I need to tweak? Sorry I can't figure this out but I've tried all I know and still can't get the noise out of my subject. All I know to do is ask, thanks for the help

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Keylight question= still trying to get rid of noise.
on Sep 8, 2011 at 3:50:09 pm

If it's too big a problem, just use the keylight layer with the noise as an alpha matte for a totally effects-free duplicated layer. If you don't see any color spill, you're good to go.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Mitch Hardison
on Sep 8, 2011 at 4:06:05 pm

ok. I'm sorry to keep bothering you with the same problem Dave but I do see color spill. and when I add keylight to the lower layer my noise comes back. I know you've been dealing with this problem since 06 but I just can't get it right man.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Sep 8, 2011 at 4:17:51 pm

You can either use multiple instances of AE's spill suppressor, or apply keylight and play with the top two values until the background loses most of its key color.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

ben g unguren
on Sep 8, 2011 at 4:52:55 pm

One thing I often do is generate a nice, noise-free alpha channel using Keylight, then duplicate the layer, reset Keylight, and do a much less aggressive Keylight key (keep the screen gain at 100, screen levels at 1 and 100, or nearly so, etc). I set the view to "Corrected Source" and then use the good alpha channel as an Alpha Matte. Usually this approach works very well. I often end up adding some edge color correction to the Corrected Source layer, particularly by brightening the edges a little bit (I will tweak it when the final composite is underway).

Ben Unguren
Motion Graphics & Editing
http://www.mostlydocumentary.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]