ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

My movies lagg when i have pre renderd. Please!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christoffer Bergström
My movies lagg when i have pre renderd. Please!
on Sep 6, 2011 at 7:08:57 am

Hello. Everytime i create a movie in after effects it laggs when i watch it. I dont know whats wrong, maybe my computer is to bad?

I have tried watching the films with Quicktime, VLC, Windows media player. Can it be that i have saved the film in wrong format? Or that i maid the movie in wrong composition options? Please help me with this.

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: My movies lag when I have prerendered. Please!
on Sep 6, 2011 at 2:26:05 pm

If one prerenders a movie, it should be in a lossless codec. One prerenders to save rendering time in AE. These files are very big, and a normal computer hard drive can't play them back smoothly.

You should know that prerendered movies will work fine for further work in AE, which looks at movies frame-by-frame, and is not intended to play back movies.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

ben g unguren
on Sep 6, 2011 at 3:23:31 pm

Following up on Dave's comment:

If you want to watch your movies in real-time, you try rendering your movie to the H264 codec. This is easily done with your prerendered video if you have Adobe Media Encoder, or you can set up an Output Module in AE that will also render a nice, computer-playable-friendly version.

Ben Unguren
Motion Graphics & Editing
http://www.mostlydocumentary.com

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Sep 6, 2011 at 4:51:27 pm

[ben g unguren] "If you want to watch your movies in real-time, you try rendering your movie to the H264 codec. This is easily done with your prerendered video if you have Adobe Media Encoder, or you can set up an Output Module in AE that will also render a nice, computer-playable-friendly version."

I always recommend the former (intermediate render), not the latter (direct render to H.264).

H.264 greatly benefits from multi-pass encoding, which cannot be done via the render queue.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]