ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Starting After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex NelsonStarting After Effects
by on Sep 6, 2011 at 1:21:01 am

I just have a question for people who work in the media field. How has the knowing how to work with after effects helped you in the careers that pertain to the mass communications and media fields.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Starting After Effects
by on Sep 6, 2011 at 11:57:19 am

Alex, this is a very general question, so it's very hard to give you a specific answer. What exactly is it that you want to do with your career?

After Effects is software for motion graphics, compositing, and visual effects. It is used by individuals and studios all over the world for these tasks.

There are other compositing and effects systems, but I don't think there are any other serious contenders for advanced motion graphics work.

AE touches every project that I do in my studio now at some point -- I certainly couldn't do the work I do without After Effects.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Brandon LittleRe: Starting After Effects
by on Sep 6, 2011 at 5:17:26 pm

I've gotten some new opportunities as a graphic designer that I would not have otherwise. Instead of just working on basic page layout, my boss now looks to me as the "go to" guy for general video work.

Being available to help and having a wide variety of competencies has made me a more valuable resource. You just never know where you'll find your niche and have a chance to be a stand-out member of your creative team.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved