ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Eye tracking

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cory Hudgins
Eye tracking
on Sep 6, 2011 at 1:16:10 am

HAs any one ever tried to track a eye pupil in 3d and if you had could you help me please

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: Eye tracking
on Sep 6, 2011 at 12:30:03 pm

The question is too broad for specific advice. Since tracking implies movement it is hard to be specific without seeing it- post a clip and you will get better help.
In principle 3d tracking of an eye pupil can be done. You will need a 3d tracker for that. SynthEyes should do the job. Voodoo also... but there may be other options.
It would be beneficial to tell us what you are trying to accomplish as well.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Cory Hudgins
on Sep 6, 2011 at 4:46:08 pm

Thank u for responding. I am shooting a movie in which several characters will have an eye replacement. Now if they just stare straight ahead I can easily use Andrew kramers effect. But if they turn there head from left to right they effect doesnt work as well. My question is how would I fix this problem. Now I know I would probably need a 3d tracker but Im on a tight budget. I know voodoo is free for windows users but I cant find something like that for mac.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
on Sep 6, 2011 at 5:40:21 pm

You may not necessarily need a 3d tracker. You may be able to use Mocha (free with AE) and track the location of the eye. Then you can use the track data to cut a mask for the shape of the eye- some manual adjustment will be necessary- and to comp behind a layer on which you apply CC Sphere (for the eye replacement). You will then have to animate the rotation of the sphere to match the rotation of the head.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]