ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

converting 3D track data to 2D track

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tristan Korringaconverting 3D track data to 2D track
by on Sep 3, 2011 at 7:14:06 pm

I am working out a way to automate utilizing live footage in the graphics for a massive broadcast production being done at my studio. It is tons of back to back graphics which involves a lot of footage edited to VOs. Instead of putting the footage into the graphic I am working out how to produce the graphic and have the footage put in through the avid. I have thus far worked out to render out of 3D a "tracking pass" for where the footage goes, bring it into mocha, track it and then export it to BCC Corner Pin and load that file through the plug in into the avid. It works great however I want to remove the process of tracking a 3D shot just made but rather translate the data straight into a text file for BCC. Is there a way to take a 3D camera information and XYZ and bake it into corner pin information or into XY and Scale so I can export this as a text file to load into BCC in the avid? Working this out with save me days on the job I am currently doing. If anyone has an suggestions that would be great. Thanks a lot!

Return to posts index

ben g ungurenRe: converting 3D track data to 2D track
by on Sep 3, 2011 at 10:54:01 pm

I think this is a question to ask in the AE Expressions forum, as I think you'll need a bit of code to make it happen. That said, I have a non-expression solution, but it's pretty clumsy:

Make a small solid, say, 50x50 pixels, and place it on the 3D points that you want to convert to 2D. Precomp your 3D camera and solids, then you can do a standard 2D motion track on each of your points. The tracks should be rock solid, as you're generating the stuff that's being tracked yourself.

But, as I said, an expression is what you'll want for this....

Ben Unguren
Motion Graphics & Editing

Return to posts index

Tristan KorringaRe: converting 3D track data to 2D track
by on Sep 3, 2011 at 11:22:54 pm

Thanks Ben,

I'll shoot this off to Expressions forum. As for your suggestion, that is basically what I am doing only through Mocha. Just trying to take out this extra step if I can as I know it can be done.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: converting 3D track data to 2D track
by on Sep 4, 2011 at 3:42:51 am

Dan Ebberts has the solution for you -

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Asia.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved