ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

I have to be missing something.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Durwood HibbardI have to be missing something.
by on Sep 3, 2011 at 12:08:31 pm

Greetings,
I have a dungeon that I have created where I pass through the door of the room. On each side of the door is a candle, and inside the room there are 4 candles (2 on each wall, left and right). I have spot lights shooting behind the candles with a wiggle command giving the effect that they are burning. I also have an ambient light turned down a bit. this entire room is in its own comp I have called 'Room' and is 3D. I have a comp called 'AAMain' where I am putting together the entire project.
So here is my problem. When I put the 'room' comp into 'AAMain' it becomes like a 2D. All the lights work but as I move the camera in I am not moving into the room. I have the 3D box selected for 'room' in 'AAmain'. If I select the continuous rasterize switch I can zoom into the room but the lights stop working. I know I am missing something but I cannot figured out what. Please Help.

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: I have to be missing something.
by on Sep 3, 2011 at 12:46:16 pm

[Durwood Hibbard] "So here is my problem. When I put the 'room' comp into 'AAMain' it becomes like a 2D. All the lights work but as I move the camera in I am not moving into the room. I have the 3D box selected for 'room' in 'AAmain'. If I select the continuous rasterize switch I can zoom into the room but the lights stop working. I know I am missing something but I cannot figured out what. Please Help."

You have to collapse transformations (the continuous rasterize switch) and then move the lights from the 'room' comp to the 'AAMain' comp.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Durwood HibbardRe: I have to be missing something.
by on Sep 3, 2011 at 3:21:55 pm

I will give it a try. I am leaving the house for a while I will respond back when I get a chance to try it.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: I have to be missing something.
by on Sep 3, 2011 at 3:40:12 pm

If it's just a matter of "too many layers in the timeline window", I would recommend copying all layers from the 3d room comp and pasting them in the main comp, checking the "shy" switch on them and the the icon on top- this way they will be hidden and you can avoid all 3d issues.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]