ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How do I do this sort of feat in AE?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Evelyn GoldstonHow do I do this sort of feat in AE?
by on Sep 2, 2011 at 8:44:03 pm

Hi,

Firstly, I'm still in awe with the wealth of information available here. However, I don't want to get info-overload :-) and would like to know specifically what methods or techniques are used to make this video:

http://www.themessagegroup.com.au/last-nights-news.php?title=20110901-Creat...

Its highly creative! It is made from:

http://www.worldsgreatestbusinessmind.com/

I know few basics in AE though I do not understand every terminology. It would be interesting to know how to do this, using AE or other software? Especially when the young people scream in joy, the yellow board is actually behind a girl and when her head is over the board, so does the text appear to be behind, which in this case is 'Creativecow Forums'. If you can let me know how this is done I would be very grateful. Thanks!

Cheers,

Evelyn

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: How do I do this sort of feat in AE?
by on Sep 2, 2011 at 9:32:09 pm

In this case the website is parsing the URL and then, I believe, compositing text into pre-defined zones using Flash.

You could, for example, change the URL to:

http://www.themessagegroup.com.au/last-nights-news.php?title=20110901-This-Guy_create.html

And the video would then play through using "This Guy" instead of "CreativeCow Forums." All of the compositing that is done through Flash can be done through After Effects (and better), but AE wouldn't be able to parse a URL and generate a 'new' video on the fly :)

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Evelyn GoldstonRe: How do I do this sort of feat in AE?
by on Sep 2, 2011 at 9:43:57 pm

Thank you Darby Edelen, I'm actually more interested in the 'making' of the video than the web tactics it uses :-)

So you're saying that the raw video is done or made more in flash and could be done better in AE? If so, what methods/tactics or techniques are essential to make one such as this? I can say motion tracking would be an important aspect, what about the others? Like I mentioned above in the young people scene, how to accomplish that visual in AE?

Evelyn

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: How do I do this sort of feat in AE?
by on Sep 2, 2011 at 10:08:03 pm

There is a raw video background, then on top of that there are text elements being composited in Flash.

In After Effects you could motion track the sign that the individual is waving, then corner pin a composition with your desired text in it to that location (an external tracker called 'mocha' is included with the latest versions of AE, it's much better than AE's built-in tracker). You would then have to matte the foreground woman that passes over the text with rotoscoping or another matte technique.

In other parts the video is locked down (no camera movement) and nothing passes in front of the text, so those areas would be relatively easier to composite.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Evelyn GoldstonRe: How do I do this sort of feat in AE?
by on Sep 5, 2011 at 8:33:20 pm

Hey,

Thanks a lot! Now time for me to find out what "matte" is and "rotoscoping" ..fancy words for me lol ;-) Plus, do you think this could be easily done in Flash?

Really appreciate your input Darby. Thanks again :-)

Cheers,

Evelyn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]