ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

3d paticle

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Evan Robinson3d paticle
by on Sep 2, 2011 at 2:13:44 pm

I made a 3d room, with particles in the middle. I then went to custom view 3. When i orbit around the room, the particles are always in front. I want the walls to be infront of the particles when orbit. even if i put a wall infront of the particles, the particles will show in front. But if i move the particles layer to the bottom, they dont show out all. Any ideas? I using cc particle world and cc particle world 2 and particle playground

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: 3d paticle
by on Sep 2, 2011 at 2:56:55 pm

AE doesn't have true 3D particles. All the camera-aware particle systems are really effects on 2D layers that adjust their output to match the perspective from the comp camera. They are unaware of 3D intersections.

Trapcode Particular has an obscuration layer feature which may help you -- I'm not sure if the built-in particle generators have anything similar.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Evan RobinsonRe: 3d paticle
by on Sep 2, 2011 at 3:03:58 pm

then how would you do this http://www.youtube.com/user/FXhome#p/c/0C678451CD32FF68/11/aU9tllgzsuE at 2 minutes and 8 seconds. In what you made, switch to custom view 3. as you rotate the particles will be in from the layers its in front of

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: 3d paticle
by on Sep 2, 2011 at 4:05:18 pm

That demo is a different piece of software, which has a particle system that works in true 3D compositing space. AE doesn't.

Though you cannot do precisely what that video shows in AE, Particular's obscuration feature would work easily for the example in the video. Alternately, you could duplicate Particular several times and use the near and far vanish properties under visibility to create clipping planes, or clever masking, or clever layer splits and manual layer ordering.

For some other tips, see CC Particle World Not Passing In Front of 3D Objects [link].

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Evan RobinsonRe: 3d paticle
by on Sep 2, 2011 at 5:27:12 pm

thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved