ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

fractal noise loop too fast

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Emily Scollonfractal noise loop too fast
by on Aug 31, 2011 at 7:51:40 pm

Hi there. I'm creating a fractal noise loop, and have it looping seamlessly, but in order to do so it needs to do a full revolution. Unfortunately this is too much movement for the 5 seconds i want it to animate. (Ideally it would only go to about 90 degrees) Any thoughts on how to do this within my 5 second animation? (obviously making it a 10 second animation would slow it down, but i need it to be 5 ;-)

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: fractal noise loop too fast
by on Aug 31, 2011 at 9:20:04 pm

You can do what is called a "dissolve loop". I believe that there is even a script which will automatically create one for you - yup, there is:

To do it from scratch, you take the video which you want to loop, split it in the middle, swap the start half with the end half, and then put a dissolve in the middle (as long as you need it to not look distracting).

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: fractal noise loop too fast
by on Aug 31, 2011 at 9:31:54 pm

[Joseph W. Bourke] "You can do what is called a "dissolve loop"."

If you can't solve it, dissolve it!

Another option might be to use a particle system to replace your fractal noise effect (which may be very easy, very difficult, or somewhere in between, depending on the look you're going for), and then follow Aharon Rabinowitz's Creating a looping particle system tutorial [link].

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved