ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

project crashes AE on specific frame

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brad Busséproject crashes AE on specific frame
by on Aug 30, 2011 at 11:38:26 pm

I have a project that crashes AE (or if rendering w/ multicore, an aeselflink instance), at a specific frame in the timeline. I have Trapcode Particular in this project as the only 3rd party plugin being used. I booted from the SL install disk to repair the boot disk and permissions, cleared caches, did a file system check from single user, trashed some corrupt plist files, and trashed the AE preferences. I still had the problem. So I downloaded the latest version of Particular and still no luck.

I wonder if this stems from running the update for AE and the rest of my Adobe apps last night, but it could also be a corrupt project file ... maybe? What's the method for recreating a project file, or fixing a corrupt one? Is it possibly something else? I was able to get that frame to show okay with motion blur disabled. I'm working off of a quad i7 w/ 16 GB of RAM.

edit: I can render that frame okay w/ motion blur if I disable a Particle World layer. That layer is being used to generate atmospheric clues for 3D depth when the camera is moving from one location to another. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Brad BusséRe: project crashes AE on specific frame
by on Aug 31, 2011 at 12:45:42 am

Well I fixed it just by slightly altering a couple of the attributes for the Particle World. That was annoying, but whatever works I guess.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved