ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Frame Recreation / Pixel-Motion Problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Max WeissenbacherFrame Recreation / Pixel-Motion Problem
by on Aug 30, 2011 at 1:57:01 pm

Ok, as already mentioned, I'm having a problem with recreating some (exactly 50%) "missing" frames, or otherwise with Pixelmotion. So the problem is: how do I recreate 50% of all frames (my source footage was scanned/imported by FCP at 25fps, but in fact is 12.5 fps, so every frame is repeated twice at these 25fps) using Pixelmotion in AE CS5.5?

What I tried already is to have AE play the footage at 200% speed, then precomp that and have that precomp play at 50% speed, so I then had 100% again. I couldn't "loose" any frames, as although this method only leaves you with 12.5 frames (not per second, because it's playing at 25 fps but only with 12.5 frames, right?), I already started with only 12.5 fps. However, when I then tried to apply Pixelmotion and turned it on in the comp, it didn't work! Maybe my idea to combine a change in time (so AE will be able to apply Pixelmotion) and having the footage play at 100% didn't work or doesn't make sense, HELP PLEASE!

Thank you very much in advance!

Return to posts index

ben g ungurenRe: Frame Recreation / Pixel-Motion Problem
by on Aug 30, 2011 at 6:27:03 pm

If I'm understanding correctly, you need to render your images out of AE at 12.5fps (so you only have one image at a time, instead of two repeating images). Then reimport that, interpret the footage for 25fps, drop it into a comp, double the comp's duration, apply Timewarp, set the speed to 50%, etc etc.

But the key, I think, is to pre-render the 12.5 fps movie.

Ben Unguren
Motion Graphics & Editing

Return to posts index

steve agriosiRe: Frame Recreation / Pixel-Motion Problem
by on Aug 30, 2011 at 6:28:03 pm

hey at AEScripts u can find two very useful scripts for AE:

1. Duplicate Frame Remover

2. FrameRestorer

for frame restorer i think twixtor will do a better job compared to timewarp, So just copy paste those keys to twixtor.

Return to posts index

Max WeissenbacherRe: Frame Recreation / Pixel-Motion Problem
by on Aug 31, 2011 at 1:00:29 pm

Thank you very much for your responses! I will check those two (three) methods out now!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved