ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Simple animated background

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon husebySimple animated background
by on Aug 29, 2011 at 10:42:14 pm

I am looking to create a white animated background for a commercial. I am working in AE CS5 and I am pretty new to it. I'm aiming to achieve a background similar to this:

Any ideas? Do you know any good tutorials?

Any input will help. Thanks

Return to posts index

Greg BurrusRe: Simple animated background
by on Aug 30, 2011 at 2:21:43 am

It looks to me like they might have made a nice gradient or maybe a 4 color gradient on a solid. You could make this in just about any graphic program I would think.

Next it looks like they have some simple shapes that the over laid on top of the gradient, possibly blurred out and with a blend mode turned on.
They could have used a fractal noise, which is used to make a lot of animated backgrounds. The whole background could just be one scaled up with some nice color correction on it.

I'm sure it you looked around this site and others on the web you can find a good tut for animated backgrounds in AE. You may also want to check out the ones that come with AE as a starting point.

Hope this helps.

Greg - Blog - Portfolio

Return to posts index

Stefan HinzeRe: Simple animated background
by on Aug 30, 2011 at 9:30:47 am

I realy try to help, keep it in mind!

if you build this for a commercial, and your new to "it" (AE? Video? Commercials?) and you need a tutorial for this (simple stuff), you should maybe have enought TIME to learn and not be an a deadline somewere near!
or you should get someone that helps you - but i don´t see it in forum post´s. get someone who shows you the stuff you need in real life!

Ad a solid, color it.
Ad some grafik stuff, ad blur, ad movemend.
Ad a new solid, other color, mask it, feather the mask.

Sounds simple...

all the best!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved