ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Proxy enabled..

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hunter Hempen
Proxy enabled..
on Aug 28, 2011 at 9:01:20 pm

After rendering a proxy version of my composition, a red bar appears in the composition window that says "Proxy Enabled"...it doesn't seem to go away.

What does it mean and how can I get rid of it?

I've seen that no one has answered this issue since the last post here almost a year ago.

I will be persistent and re-post this same thread over and over until the problem is resolved for other users like me.

Thanks,
Hunter

-----
Too bad she won't live! But then again, who does?
-Gaff
-----

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Proxy enabled..
on Aug 29, 2011 at 12:22:48 pm

[Hunter Hempen] "After rendering a proxy version of my composition, a red bar appears in the composition window that says "Proxy Enabled"...it doesn't seem to go away. What does it mean and how can I get rid of it?"

That warning is indicating to you that the composition you're previewing is coming from a proxy (a file on disk), not the live comp in its current state. You'll note that even if you change values in the timeline, the change won't be reflected in the viewer, because the viewer shows the proxy.

There's a little box next to the proxied item in the project panel which indicates an active proxy. Click that box.

This is explained very clearly in the documentation. See items A and B in this graphic from Placeholders and proxies [link]. Both A and B have proxies, but A's proxy is enabled and B's proxy is disabled:

To remove a proxy entirely, right-click the proxied item in the project panel, and set the proxy to none.

Even if a proxy is active in the project panel, it will not be used for render unless you change the render settings to allow proxy use.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Daniel Ginzburg
on May 9, 2012 at 12:14:19 pm

Hi,
Is there a way to work with a proxy without seeing the proxy red bar alert?
Maybe disabling alerts, it's very distracting...
Thanks.

Return to posts index

Devin Clarke
on May 13, 2016 at 12:02:17 am

Thank you , that helped greatly!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
-William Arthur Ward, college administrator, writer (1921-1994)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]