ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Zooming into a bitmap, resolution issues

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Clay HammonsZooming into a bitmap, resolution issues
by on Aug 28, 2011 at 8:42:59 pm

I have a comp that is 1920x1080. I have a bitmap in the comp in photoshop format that is 3000x3000 resolution but is currently scaled down to 5%. I want to do a camera move to zoom into the graphic but when i do the resolution is very low and pixelated im assuming from scaling it down to 5%, so how do I keep the graphic the right size in the comp but be able to use its full resolution when I want to zoom into it?

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

Return to posts index

steve agriosiRe: Zooming into a bitmap, resolution issues
by on Aug 28, 2011 at 11:16:25 pm

-5% is a minor scale down.
maybe u over zooming.
in any case, dont drop ur 3000x3000 back directly in ur main composit.
precompose it in its native resolution and then enable thr continuosly rasterize asterisk in the layer panel.
check pic:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/69/14967340.jpg/

Return to posts index

steve agriosiRe: Zooming into a bitmap, resolution issues
by on Aug 28, 2011 at 11:26:57 pm

Now... my respond sounds like none sense for this case.
It would return the same result as if it was directly in.
How is your composite tree?
maybe u do overzooming/

cheers

Return to posts index

ben g ungurenRe: Zooming into a bitmap, resolution issues
by on Aug 29, 2011 at 12:03:10 am

Not sure I entirely understand your setup for this, but you might want to try clicking the "collapse transformations" layer switch (the little sunshine icon) and see if that helps. If it's precomped, you'll want to turn on 3D for the bitmap image in the other composition....

Ben Unguren
Motion Graphics & Editing
http://www.mostlydocumentary.com

Return to posts index

Steve BlackerRe: Zooming into a bitmap, resolution issues
by on Aug 29, 2011 at 11:59:58 am

I don't know the nature of the project, but could you scale up the image to simulate a zoom instead of using the camera? I don't understand why you have the image scaled down to 5%... Leave it at 100% and pull your camera way back?

It's only work if you'd rather be doing something else...

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Zooming into a bitmap, resolution issues
by on Aug 29, 2011 at 8:53:45 pm

For 2D layers, only it's scale will create pixelation artefacts. For 3D layers, there are many more variables at play - camera position, camera zoom, layer position, layer anchorpoint and scale.

For 3D layers, you will encounter pixelation when all the variables interact with each other such that the result you see (pixelation), means that you have exhausted the original size of your image and are now viewing a version of your original image that is larger than its source.

You can alleviate the pixelation artefact by switching on the camera's DOF and adjusting the Focus Distance, Aperture and Blur Level properties.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Asia.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]