ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Stereoscopic 3D in AE CS5.5 using projection mapping and stereo camera rig does not work

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mattias Segers
Stereoscopic 3D in AE CS5.5 using projection mapping and stereo camera rig does not work
on Aug 28, 2011 at 12:01:33 pm

Hi,
I recently shot a movie on a Canon EOS 550D. As a test i tried to make a shot Stereo 3D using AE CS5.5
I recreate my scene using a camera projection technique: i made solids for each element in the shot and placed them in 3D space, i create a light at the same position as the camera and used the light to project my image on the solids. Then i used the new function in CS5.5: create Stereo 3D rig. But what happend is that the new stereo comp does not include my camera projection. All my solids turned 3D except my camera projection. All the solid are white.
Is there somebody that can help me?
Sorry for my incorrect English.

Return to posts index

Mattias Segers
Re: Stereoscopic 3D in AE CS5.5 using projection mapping and stereo camera rig does not work
on Aug 29, 2011 at 5:08:59 pm

To have an idea what I mean: Here is a small video I made where you can view my workflow:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEtjqq37ok4
If you have a better workflow please tell me.
Thank you

Return to posts index

Mattias Segers
Re: Stereoscopic 3D in AE CS5.5 using projection mapping and stereo camera rig does not work
on Aug 29, 2011 at 5:10:31 pm

To have an idea what I mean: Here is a small video I made where you can view my workflow: (watch on youtube for better quality)

If you have a better workflow please tell me.
Thank you

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
on Aug 30, 2011 at 12:14:12 am

I'll have to try this setup myself at some point, but it sounds like the problem may have to do with a pre-comp with collapse transformations enabled. You'll need your light and the layer you're using to cast the shadow to be at the top level of any pre-comps with collapsed transformations (most likely in your separate Left and Right compositions).

I'm not familiar with the stereo 3D rig that AE produces as I usually build my own. I'll take a look and get back to you with more detailed info when I can!

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
on Aug 30, 2011 at 7:27:41 pm

You'll need to copy the projecting light from the "CompName" composition and paste it into the "CompName Left Eye" and "CompName Right Eye" compositions. That should fix your problem.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]