ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

word search in After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Linda Carpenterword search in After Effects
by on Aug 27, 2011 at 10:20:42 pm

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to do a search-and-locate for word markers associated with audio tracks in After Effects?
Thanks.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: word search in After Effects
by on Aug 28, 2011 at 3:03:17 am

I don't understand your question. What exactly are you searching for?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Linda CarpenterRe: word search in After Effects
by on Aug 28, 2011 at 4:26:42 pm

I'm wondering if there's a feature in AE that allows you to locate specific word markers in the audio layer, similar to the "find and replace" feature in Flash.

This description of "Find and Replace is from Adobe's site:

About Find and Replace
The Find and Replace feature lets you do the following:

â– Search for a text string, a font, a color, a symbol, a sound file, a video file, or an imported bitmap file.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: word search in After Effects
by on Aug 28, 2011 at 8:59:53 pm

> specific word markers in the audio layer

I still don't know what you're referring to. Your terminology ("word markers") is possibly what's throwing me.

Are you referring to layer markers in After Effects that have been automatically created from XMP metadata generated by running the speech-to-text conversion in Premiere Pro, as in this example?

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

Linda CarpenterRe: word search in After Effects
by on Aug 29, 2011 at 12:11:56 am

Yes. I'm talking about the layer markers that appear as words in the audio layer. After reviewing your link, I think for my purposes Ockham's Razor applies - simply scrubbing through the timeline until I find the words I'm looking for. Thank you though - I appreciate your help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]