ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Where can I download the DivX codec?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stuart SamuelsWhere can I download the DivX codec?
by on Aug 27, 2011 at 5:46:41 pm

Hi.

I guess the title says it all really, I just need a link to somewhere I can download the DivX Codec from.
Ive tried the DivX website and downloaded what I thought was the right thing but just ended up with the player and converter. Im sure Im probably just missing something really obvious but i just cant find what I need.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Stuart.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Where can I download the DivX codec?
by on Aug 27, 2011 at 5:55:03 pm

You say you have the player and convertor? You can convert other movies to DivX? I'd say you have everything you need: render a lossless file in AE, use the convertor to make DivX files.

AE people were warned to stay away from the DivX codec years ago because it kept screwing up how AE worked. There were so many versions of the codec floating around that you couldn't just pick one and know you were good to go.

As a former AE forum host used to write, "DivX is evil".

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Stuart SamuelsRe: Where can I download the DivX codec?
by on Aug 27, 2011 at 6:18:05 pm

Ah ok, thanks for that. Someone told me it was a good codec so I was just gonna give it a try.

Im actually having a problem with rendering with the quicktime codec (which is what I normally use), so was looking for the DivX as an alternative. To be honest Im not all that clued up about codecs and definitely need to do some reading up!

All Im trying to do is render a very simple short animation made entirely in AE (there's no actual filmed footage involved) to eventually be uploaded to a website, what codec should I be using?

Thanks again for the help.

Stuart.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Where can I download the DivX codec?
by on Aug 27, 2011 at 6:47:50 pm

Render -- don't export, render using the AE Render Queue -- a Quicktime movie in the PNG codec. Then use Adobe Media encoder, Quicktime Pro, or any other compression application you have to convert to the kind of file you need to deliver.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]