ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Adobe OUTPUT render malfunction

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric BudinskyAdobe OUTPUT render malfunction
by on Aug 27, 2011 at 3:55:30 am

Background information - I recorded a full screen game with fraps at 60 FPS, full resolution. Took that, imported it into after effects. The preview in after effects plays smoothly and perfectly.

Problem - I render the video and when I try to play the video, it plays choppy, then an error message pops up saying -- SEEKING FUNCTIONALITY MAY BE LIMITED THIS FILE APPEARS TO BE CORRUPTED. SEEKING MAY BE LIMITED OR BEHAVE UNEXPECTEDLY. I thought this was a problem with the video playback software (divx)-- But it cant be because I watch movies with no problem at all, not to mention that the FRAPS recorded footage was in divx, and it played well. Its only when I take said divx footage into after effects, and render it, that it plays a choppy divx footage. I tried rendering it in avi format as well, I tried a bunch of different formats actually. They all turned out choppy.

I made sure that the composition render was 60 frames as the recorded footage was in 60 frames.

I really hope I dont have to do a full system restore...

Return to posts index

steve agriosiRe: Adobe OUTPUT render malfunction
by on Aug 27, 2011 at 10:18:15 pm

I think fraps installs a codec which is suitable for it's needs.
so why divx?
Using Divx files directly into AE sounds like risky.
You Should always use/convert any web/source material into a more pro file type and then render your composite as uncompressed
[if its possible ]
I'd recommend you to render always in the best possible pro file format such as tif, dpx sequence.
This way you will prevent to get a crash / re-render from scratch.
Plus you will b able to evaluate your work whilst rendering in frames.
ONCE U HAPPY use a converter to deliver the final product.

so try to convert the Fraps video in frames Sequence First.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved