ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

particular obscuration behaving unexpectedly

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
xavier loeblparticular obscuration behaving unexpectedly
by on Aug 26, 2011 at 1:15:46 pm

Hi Folks !
I hope this hasn't been covered yet....

I'm getting stuck here, I got a comp with a logo sitting in the middle of a large particle-field generated with Particular.

As I set this logo layer as an obscuration layer in Particular's visibility options, part of the particles that are "behind" the logo do get cut off, but wierdly not all of them :(
The logo is animated, it's a comp-size png image sequence with no effect or layer style to it

I could have worked around, sandwitching this logo layer between 2 sets of particles and play with far /near vanishes etc BUT at some point in the composition, the camera zooms out so I'd have to adjust these values for each frame.... there shall be a way to drive this with expressions though, somehow linking this to the ralative camera-to-logo-layer distance, but then this is getting far beyond my shabby expression knowledge :s

In other words, I'm fu***d :D

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: particular obscuration behaving unexpectedly
by on Aug 26, 2011 at 8:27:42 pm

Have you tried precomping your logo layer?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

xavier loeblRe: particular obscuration behaving unexpectedly
by on Aug 28, 2011 at 11:17:38 am

Thanks for this suggestion Michael, I forgot to mention I had tried this as well, without getting a single pixel change to my output :(

But I was such in a rush, I eventually sandwitched the logo by hand doing 3/4 different zoom levels, with the strong camera movement, motion blur and all, it kind of made the trick..... I'll have to get back to this when I find more time for investigating though haha.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved