ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How can I speed up footage without frame blending artifacts?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matteo MasinHow can I speed up footage without frame blending artifacts?
by on Aug 24, 2011 at 7:04:58 pm

Hello to everybody,
I have a short CG animation (120 sec. of video) that I need to speed-up according to the layout given.
Suppose that I need to make it last something like 100 second. I tried with Time stretch without "frame blending" and the resulting video is not "fluid", it plays with a lot of "time lag effect". I tried with Frame blending solutions (Twixtor, timewarp o just the frameblend icon pressed) and the playback is smooth but you can see a lot of small artifacts in moving objects' edges or details.

I understand the problem of creating new frames when you need to slow down a clip, but I thought that the speed up process could be simply an operation of "skipping" some frames (every two, three, four frames according to the amount of speed up).

So the question is: does exist some rules for time remapping (just speed up) a footage and avoid artifacts or lagging playback?

Sorry for the bad english!

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: How can I speed up footage without frame blending artifacts?
by on Aug 25, 2011 at 3:34:19 pm

One way to achieve a good speed up of your animation is to interpret (conform - right click in the project window on your file and select interpret) your footage at a higher frame rate (ex:50 if it's 25 fps)and then bring it in a 25p comp. You can also go through the trouble of bringing it in a 50i comp, rendering with fields (interlaced) and then again bringing that in AE, de-interlacing the footage the footage and rendering out of a 25p comp.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]