ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Baffled by outputs and output sizes for pre-renders...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aza Allen
Baffled by outputs and output sizes for pre-renders...
on Aug 24, 2011 at 5:23:27 am

I am doing a video presentation for a client using AE CS5 on Win7 x64 in a 720 24P project that will end up on DVD and Internet HD, and was shot on Panasonic P2.

Basically it was a live projector Powerpoint presentation that I am now overlaying the graphics on top of so viewers can see them.

Anyhow, to fill in for the laser pointer, I am animating a little arrow around the screen. I am trying to Pre-render that arrow (there are other graphics involved, but I'm pre-rendering different comps in case others need changing), now that I have it set. Well, my first lossless pre-render came to over 120GB! (It's a 1 hr long presentation) It's just an arrow moving over an alpha channel.

Now it doesn't need to be Broadcast perfect, but still should look decent, what would be the recommended render settings that you might use to look good, but keep the file size manageable?

Thanks all!

Make sure to check out our website http://www.makeyourfriendsuncomfortable.com and my personal website http://www.ruesterprod.com

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: Baffled by outputs and output sizes for pre-renders...
on Aug 24, 2011 at 8:38:18 am

I'm afraid that 1 hour of footage at 720 with alpha will be a large file- nothing you can do about that.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Baffled by outputs and output sizes for pre-renders...
on Aug 24, 2011 at 12:33:17 pm

If the comp in question is that simple, I wouldn't pre-render it. Unless you have a very fast RAID, it will almost certainly take the computer longer to read the frames from disk into memory than it would to simply calculate the transformation on the arrow graphic layer.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]