ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

clouds, rain and water in my room !

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aslan Tamek
clouds, rain and water in my room !
on Aug 23, 2011 at 4:52:42 pm

hi,
we have a shooting this Friday for a scene, here is the plan: the character is laying down on the bed, he sees clouds on the ceiling and it starts to rain in the room! the rain becomes heavier and heavier while time passes and water would come up to the bed side! Also, he would throw his books and thing to the water and water splashes. Finally he will open his umbrella, water pours from the umbrella sides. and that's it! i know some parts must be done practical, but any ideas which parts can be done in post and how to achieve this?
thanks, Aslan

Architect & Animator

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: clouds, rain and water in my room !
on Aug 23, 2011 at 6:02:21 pm

I am not going to even attempt an answer.

If the end result needs to look photorealistic, this scene should have been discussed several months ago with a Hollywood effects house, and not days before the shoot on an internet forum.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Aslan Tamek
on Aug 23, 2011 at 6:08:42 pm

thanks dave ! anyway... its not gonna be realistic, its a music video! and im thinking of making the rain with particular plug in...
is it possible to make the water composite with psunami?!

Architect & Animator

Return to posts index

Aslan Tamek
on Aug 23, 2011 at 6:22:31 pm

i know there is always creativity and tricks to do things... even filming trough a container made of glass for some parts !

Architect & Animator

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
on Aug 23, 2011 at 7:01:49 pm

Dave is right- planning should have been taken care of way before. You need to decide a look and feel for this piece. Photorealistic has been mentioned (and the fact that that should be done in a professional studio that does this kind of stuff) but you said that you want to do stuff in post mixed with real fx... still the same problem: what is it going to look like? When you plan fx, you do it with a clear idea of what that effect needs to look like. It's impossible to give advice without knowing that information. Yes, there are a lot of tricks that we know, but which one to use and how to use it there's no way of telling. So, my advice is to postpone your shoot, do some research and design work to finalize the look of your shot/video, and then ask for advice on tricks, tips and techniques to use.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Aug 23, 2011 at 7:09:48 pm

You should storyboard, too -- this will help you focus on what elements are really required for what shots.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Aslan Tamek
on Aug 23, 2011 at 7:30:58 pm

ok guys ! i sent an email to the client and i postponed the shooting! sometimes thing go scary ;)

Architect & Animator

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Aug 23, 2011 at 8:39:22 pm

Definitely storyboard!

Clouds not so bad to fake.
Rain not too bad either.
Rising water in a room will be very hard to fake.
Wetness on the person and objects in the room cannot be faked. You will have to get them wet for real.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]