ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE Shatter Gradient

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric SandersonAE Shatter Gradient
by on Aug 22, 2011 at 7:21:14 pm

In what situations will using a gradient layer for shatter NOT work. Im not getting any result here and i dont see any reason why i shouldnt be:

I have the shatter effect on the layer i want to shatter obviously, using a pre-comped colorama fractal noise for the custom shape. and have another pre-comped gradient ive selected to use for the shatter, tolerance is 100%, ive tried inverted and not even though i know it shouldnt be inverted, just not getting any result AT ALL. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Eric SandersonRe: AE Shatter Gradient
by on Aug 22, 2011 at 7:24:36 pm

And if i specify i want a gradient to initiate the dynamics, why do the forces still affect it too? Obvisouly i just too size and strength down so that didnt but is that part of my problem?

Return to posts index

Eric SandersonRe: AE Shatter Gradient
by on Aug 22, 2011 at 7:35:04 pm

Nevermine, im just realizing theres not time sampling for the gradient layer, which is too bad kind of eliminates a lot of the benefits of using a gradient map. Looks like animating the tolerance will get me close but really wish it would accept the animation of my gradient itself. If anyone knows how that would be great (without using a force)

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: AE Shatter Gradient
by on Aug 22, 2011 at 9:07:05 pm

[Eric Sanderson] "Nevermine, im just realizing theres not time sampling for the gradient layer, which is too bad kind of eliminates a lot of the benefits of using a gradient map."

That's because Shatter is a physical simulation: you set up the initial conditions, then Shatter handles all the physics to generate the results.

What effect is it that you're looking to achieve?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]