ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Paste multiclip clip from Premiere into After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh WilliamsPaste multiclip clip from Premiere into After Effects
by on Aug 22, 2011 at 6:45:46 am

I've been editing a multi clip piece in Premiere Pro and now I need to color correct and finalize. I am color correcting in Premiere with MB Colorista II but there are also a few clips that I need to use MB Denoiser on. Denoiser doesn't work inside Premiere so I thought I could send the project over to After Effects. But when I open the project in After Effects the multi clip sequence displays all the edits in their right place but every clip is just one of the camera angles, not how it is in PP.

So then I though I could just copy the clip I need in the PP sequence and paste it into after effects but when I do it pastes the whole multi clip file instead of just the one clip/angle.

So my question is, is there a way to move a multi clip sequence from PP to After Effects or will I have to export each clip separately from PP and Import in AE and then Export again back to PP?

Return to posts index

Glen SymesRe: Paste multiclip clip from Premiere into After Effects
by on Jan 8, 2014 at 1:01:13 pm

I had this problem today and I when searching for a solution, I couldn't find one, but I did work out how to solve it myself in CC. Select the whole multiclip track, right click on the track and then select Multi-Camera and then flatten. When you dynamic link to an AE composition, this should then maintain the edits and change the shots.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved