ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Problem Copying Mocha Shape Data to AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kyle Aho
Problem Copying Mocha Shape Data to AE
on Aug 22, 2011 at 3:22:19 am

I'm having a problem copying my shape data from Mocha. The shape tracking itself works perfectly, I select "copy to clipboard" and paste the data into AE. I get key frames in all the right places and I can see that the shape track works and follows the track perfectly.

The problem I have is that even though the shape is tracked and composited perfectly, everything outside of the shape is darkened significantly. If I hide the effect I added to the layer from Mocha the image brightens up to normal again.

I'm applying this data to an adjustment layer with several other effects on it (Glow, Hue/Saturation and Brightness/Contrast). I have tried putting the shape tracking effect layer on top of all the other layers and on bottom of all the other layers, to no avail.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
Re: Problem Copying Mocha Shape Data to AE
on Aug 22, 2011 at 7:36:49 am

I don't quite understand what it is that you're trying to achieve. If you have Mocha's Shape Data on the adjustment layer and you apply color effects, then the new colors will only appear within the areas defined by the shape.

Without knowing more, the result you are getting is exactly what it is that should happen.

Perhaps you can let us know what it is that you are trying to achieve.

Cheers
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Asia.

Return to posts index

Kyle Aho
on Aug 22, 2011 at 2:08:46 pm

Thank you for your reply! The track is fine and it masks my adjusrment layer perfectly but everything AROUND my mask goes dark. About 50%, darker, not black and white like the composite option. Using a reglular mask does not cause this problem, just the mask created by Mocha shape data.

Does that make sense?

ThNks!

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on Aug 23, 2011 at 1:51:14 am

[Kyle Aho] "Does that make sense?"

It does make sense but it doesn't provide any new information that will allow me to know what the cause of the issue is.

Perhaps you can check the Mocha Shape independently, by viewing it's Alpha Channel information to see if you can find any clues there.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Asia.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]